An ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and personable individual to join our specialist broadcast facility in Park Royal, London NW10.
No previous experience of broadcasting is required as full training will be given.
Next time you turn on your television to watch the news, download your favourite episode on your set top box, or stream that must-see programme to your iPhone, pause and ask yourself, how does that content get to my device?
Well, that is what we do. We are the ones behind the scene. We are the invisible pipe. We work 24/7 on behalf of big brand television channels and help deliver their content to your favourite device, through satellite, broadcast, internet and apps.
We recruit smart individuals, give them the best training available and look after them well. They in turn become heroes of our business by looking after our customers with passion, dedication and integrity.
To learn more about us please visit our website: www.abs.tv
or find us on www.linkedin.com
Reporting to the Broadcast Operations Manager and the Head of Broadcast Operations, you will work 12 hour shifts (3 on/3 off including night shifts) in a busy MCR and have responsibility for the playout, delivery and monitoring of several linear and non-linear television channels.
You will learn to take on the following responsibilities:
· Supervision of ingest levels – all for optimum playout performance
· Monitoring of current client playlists, responding to requests for insertions/deletions/changes
· Managing VOD content preparation and delivery
· Managing incoming feeds for turnaround and record for later insertion in playlist(s)
· Making minor editing changes to content (T.C. In/T.C. Out, etc)
· Coping calmly, logically, and professionally with “on air” emergencies
· Dealing with different control room personnel along the broadcast chain
· Analysing and sorting playout problems and calling in engineers when needed
· Gain at least user level proficiency on the various tools available in the broadcast environment e.g. Auto QC, Transcoders, Edit, Loudness Correction etc.
· Dealing with clients in a professional and timely manner
· Receiving and handling the majority of incoming telephone calls to the MCR in a professional manner
· Reporting, daily and ad hoc incidents, to Management and to Clients as and when needed.
· 'A' Levels or equivalent.
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Effective time management and organisational skills
· Excellent written and spoken English language
· Good level of numeracy
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
· Eagerness to learn and work with new s
· The ability to demonstrate initiative and problem solve without delay in a highly pressurised environment
· Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
· Excellent customer service skills
· A genuine passion for television.
· Starting salary up to £25k (potential progression to £25k after 1 year)
· Annual increments dependent upon performance
· Workplace pension scheme
· Full training.