THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar. We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
Based in our Chiswick office, our Edit Assistants are responsible for the day-to-day operation and support of our Avid edit suites and ProTools sound suite.
- Preparing and setting up Avid suites for bookings prior to client’s arrival.
- Providing support for the edits when technical issues arise.
- Dealing with clients’ requests for work in a timely manner and maintaining good communication with client on progress of work.
- Following workflows in order to deliver specific show requirements.
- Ingesting to Avid from a variety of sources including files, camera cards, tape etc, ensuring correct specifications are met.
- Encoding file media / frame rate conversion using various encoding systems including Adobe Media Encoder, Telestream Vantage, Pipeline, GV File etc.
- Exporting clips/sequences to a variety of file formats for delivery.
- Delivery of clips/sequences to EVS/Gallery for playout.
- Media and project management on Avid NEXIS and Interplay.
- Media related degree of equivalent.
- Good knowledge of AVID Media Composer, NEXIS & Interplay.
- Good knowledge of file codecs/wrappers plus various tape formats.
- Experience with file conversion programs including Adobe Media Encoder, Vantage, GV File etc.
- Good knowledge of broadcast edit suites, including scopes/waveform monitors, patching etc.
- Computer literate with Windows – Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both spoken and written forms.
- Ability to follow workflows accurately & efficiently with excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work well within a busy team environment.
- Motivated with good organisational skills and to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Logical and efficient approach to solving problems.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience within the broadcasting industry is desirable but not essential.