We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Live Events Supervisor at our Chiswick site.
Encompass works with some of the world’s largest and most dynamic media organisations providing them with innovative, reliable, and cost-effective products and services.
To constantly deliver best-in-class service to our clients, we hire the best and brightest talent who work collaboratively to commit to Encompass’s success.
Learn more about us at www.encompass.tv.
The Live Events Supervisor is responsible for the service delivery of live events during the lead up to, live and conclusion. This involves acting as Event Manager during major events, event resource planning and identifying the need for training and operational process.
This is a leadership role within Encompass Digital Media in a dynamic service environment and as such requires substantial experience in a live event environment, both front line and in an Event Manager capacity. Experience in client/supplier liaison, training staff, broadcast operational process with a bit of project management skills and a technical understanding of broadcast systems and flavours of signals is essential.
Please note: The role entails working in a 24/7 environment on a rotational shift pattern.
Working closely with the Head of Live Events MCR, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of live events within our London Media Centre. This involves resource management, quickly grasping the technical aspects essential to the success of service delivery, training staff, acting as the Event Manager and working with key internal and external stakeholders during follow up to live, live and event conclusion.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure the seamless delivery of all customer broadcast content as per technical requirements and contractual agreements, defined by Service Level Agreements
- Support the Head of Live Events MCR in ensuring consistent success of current operational processes and partake in the implementation/improvement of current processes
- Project manage the launch, delivery and follow up actions surrounding major live events
- An appreciation and understanding of Change Control principals in a broadcast environment, be risk cognisant and lead by example.
- Agile to change as per the ever evolving nature of broadcast technology and service delivery methodology – Identify training requirements and processes to support this change
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including customers, suppliers, engineering and dev ops.
- Planning and management of high profile events both in an operational and technical capacity
- Be the escalation point for the 1st line team and triage effectively to Engineering, Customer and EDM Management
- Diligent and clear live event reporting to the customer and internal EDM personnel
- Overall responsibility and ownership of all faults and point decision maker for the initiation of emergency procedures during live events.
- Define and respond to action points raised prior to and after live events, followed up by regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
Experience / Knowledge:
- An understanding of broadcast systems and technology alongside a live supervisory role with a leading broadcast managed service provider is desirable.
- The ability to lead by example and take ownership of all operational matters
- An understanding of DVB principles, encoding, decoding and multiplexing
- A good knowledge of broadcast delivery mechanisms and platforms including but not limited to satellite, fibre and OTT platforms
- Strong communications skills across all appropriate mediums, such as phone, written, incident reporting and production talk-back.
- Create and maintain a positive working environment where team members feel motivated to improve performance and productivity
- Ability to deliver coherent reports and in-depth performance statistics
- Make decisions, communicate and perform in a high pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Be career focused and be able to build on learned skills and abilities
- Experience working in a live transmission environment and with UHD, preferred but not essential
- A degree (or equivalent) in a technical, scientific or engineering based subject.
- Competitive salary
- 264 Hours Annual Leave per annum, inclusive of bank holidays
- Performance Recognition Awards
- Pension Scheme, Health Cash Plan, Group Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loan and many more!
To be considered for any of these opportunities, please email your CV to email@example.com