Splice is an independent, award-winning post-production company with 3 facilities across Shoreditch and Old Street. We love what we do, and we think it shows. Our passionate and talented team bring creativity and technical excellence to every project they touch whilst making sure they are always well looked after along the way.
At Splice, we pride ourselves on the variety of projects we work on, from scripted to factual and everything in between. We deliver content to all major broadcasters, platforms and independent production companies.
We are looking for an experienced Edit Assistant to join our growing Finishing Post and Delivery team.
What you’ll be doing…
● Conforming in Avid and Resolve
● Audio AAF prep for Pro Tools dub
● Setting up and supporting Avid Symphony Online and Baselight & Resolve Grading suites
● Creation of master files for broadcast delivery (AS11, ProRes, IMF, etc)
● TX file delivery to channel portals
● Exporting Avid sequences and uploading to web based storage (Splice’s own platform, Aspera,
client & channel platforms eg Netflix / Amazon / Youtube)
● Frame rate conversions (Avid and Alchemist)
● File conversions using Content Agent, Resolve, and Media Encoder
● TX file QC
● Media management from offline throughout final post departments
● Escalating kit and system issues & faults to Engineering when appropriate
● Ensuring rapid and clear communications between CTA and Post Producers & clients
Who you are...
● At least two year's experience using Avid Media Composer in a post-production facility is essential (Experience with Baselight and/or DaVinci Resolve is desirable)
● In depth experience of Avid Media Composer and associated tasks: conforming, exports, master file creation
● Experience of master file QC including DPP AS11, AQC, PSE Testing, and master file delivery an advantage
● You have a good understanding of the entire post-production process and file-based workflows
● A solid understanding of HD/UHD codecs, colour space, and frame rates.
● You are accurate, highly organised, detail oriented with the ambition to deliver high-quality content, and an adaptable team player
● A great problem solver and always strive to find the best solution for our clients
What we offer:
● A focus on personal development with career progression via CTA to Online, Grading, or Audio.
● Perkbox account
● UK Healthcare
● Workplace pension
● Financial Wellbeing platform
Core working hours:
Scheduled working hours totalling 40 hours per week averaged - including weekends and nights if required. Examples: seven x 11 hour shifts per fortnight or five x 8 hour days per week.