Job title: Media Assistant
Line Manager: Chief Engineer
Direct reports: None
Job classification: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week on average, initially based on a 7-day fortnight shift pattern
Location: Ealing Studios
Key Interactions: Broadcast Engineering team (MCR), Media Manager, Clients & Suppliers
Racecourse Media Group is the umbrella organisation for those 34 racecourses which hold an interest in Racing TV (Sky 426, Virgin 536, and 411), Racing TV International (international betting shop/digital service), and Racecourse Data Company (licensor of Pre-Race Data). Racing TV and Racing TV International also broadcast racing from all 26 Irish racecourses.
An opportunity to work for the leading horse racing media rights organisation, supporting the Engineering & Media Management team in a variety of RMG archive and tapeless tasks at their broadcast facility in Ealing, West London.
In this role you will handle a variety of different forms of media and full training will be given in: IPD, media storage systems, file processing and file delivery facilities.
This role is perfect for someone who is looking to start their career in the horse racing / broadcast industry. This is a development opportunity and the successful candidate will be trained on the job. They will be required to work as part of a team as well as individually. The role reports into the Chief Engineer with day-to-day tasks to be managed by the Media Manager.
• To support the effective operation of media systems and workflows
• Assist in the migration of our LTO5 archive to LTO7
• Assist with the upcoming project to ingest our historic archive from video tape
• Liaise with the Media Manager and MCR on resolution of any technical issues – first point of contact to receive reports of problems, and log appropriately
• Manage media during peak demand periods, including weekends and out of hours
• To apply retention schedules to media and storage protocols
• Log metadata and check all media archived to the Spectra LTO tape robot
• Assist with the delivery and management of ITV Racing’s archive requirements
• Assist production team with live content clip creation on exceptionally busy days
• A talent for problem solving
• Strong IT skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good organisational skills with strong attention to detail
• Excellent Team Player
• Skills in locating media and an understanding of daily live transmission
• Understanding of FTP/ingest of idents and ads
• Logging of metadata and organization of media on nearline
• Experience of supporting IPD, EVS, Adobe or FCP specialist systems
• Knowledge of EVS and IP Director Workstations
• Experience of Rushes ingest via SxS Card, XD CAM and other sources
• Interest in Horse Racing as a sport Education / Qualifications required:
• Degree-level qualification or similar, in a relevant subject
How to apply: Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com by EOP on 8th December 2021.
RMG Operations is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, age or political or religious belief in its recruitment or other employment policies.