Job title: Project Management Apprentice
Reports to: Head of Enterprise PMO
THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be over 17 years old and be able to access the Channel 4 Leeds office.
You cannot be enrolled in any formal education or have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you already have a Diploma or higher qualification relating to Project Management.
Please also ensure that you complete all of the application questions below and upload these along with your CV as without these we will be unable to progress your application.
Project Management Apprenticeship Level 4
Channel 4’s Enterprise PMO is a new department within Channel 4. We are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of all initiatives relating to our corporate strategic goals. We manage the governance process, provide standards and best practice to the PMs across the organisation, and support with unblocking blockages and finding resolutions to issues.
As Apprentice PM within the Enterprise PMO you will be buddied up with a Project Manager leading one of our Strategic Initiatives. You will support them with the documentation and control of the project whilst shadowing them as they drive and manage the initiative.
In addition to your core project, you will also be assigned smaller project(s) to manage yourself with support from your Buddy and the EPMO, as well as being assigned to other projects within the portfolio where project support is required.
• Project Planning: support the PM with documenting project plans, dependencies and risks.
• Project Control: support the PM with the development and maintenance of effective plans for controlling project scope, schedule and cost baseline. Create documentation to explain changes to the baseline, manage change control logs of all submitted change requests and their status.
• Project Communications & Stakeholder Management: Working with the PM and core business stakeholders to document an effective plan for communicating project information to the stakeholders (e.g. Steering Group).
• Project Risk and Issue Management: Create and Manage RAID Logs and Response Plans.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A passion for Channel 4 and our remit, and all things TV.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and a high level of organisational skills.
• Ability to follow instructions, to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Possess a keen attitude, a willingness to learn.
• Ability to problem solve and use initiative to resolve issues.
• A commitment to meet deadlines and get the job done.
• To have and use initiative as well.
• To be adaptive with a flexible approach to tasks.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.