Our client is a UK leader in IP and cloud video solutions, and they are looking for a Technical Support Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for the ownership, delivery, improvement, and growth of the support function, have customer-facing experience, the ability to lead and be a point of escalation for their technical team and customers.
If you love technology and pushing technical boundaries, then this is an exciting opportunity to join their team of talented and inspirational engineers who really care about exceeding expectations.
- Foundational knowledge of IT & networking
- Some experience and knowledge of Video/Audio over IP
- Demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining and/or designing professional broadcast systems
- Self-motivation: ability to manage priorities, and strong initiative to accomplish tasks
- Experience of using network analysis/packet capture tools such as Wireshark
- Experience deploying and managing systems in at least one of the following: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Intermediate Linux knowledge
- Understanding of real time transport protocols such as RTP, UDP and MPEG-TS
- Knowledge of compressed audio/video and media transport (DVB, MPEG)
- Knowledge of current and emerging audio/video and media compression and transport technologies (HEVC, JPEG2000, JPEGXS, ST 2022, ST 2110)
- IP Networking experience for broadcast or other real-time data environments
- Experience of multicast network design and troubleshooting
The is a chance to work with some of the world's major broadcasters in a fantastic environment where every contribution is valued with unrestricted opportunity for advancement at any time based on individual contribution.