Who are we?
Do you want to be part of a team at the forefront of the broadcast industries transformation? We work in collaboration with the most progressive broadcasters on their most critical projects.
If you love technology, pushing technical boundaries and are looking to join a team who really cares about exceeding expectations, Techex is the place for you.
We solve problems for world-class businesses and broadcasters, partnering with emerging technology companies who are challenging the way IP is used to move and manage video. We treat our customers as long-term partners and our value is created through our understanding of their complex problems and the application of our competences and technology to address them.
Careers at Techex mean the freedom and support within our close-knit team to get the job done. We are a privately owned, growing organisation with a diverse mix of highly experienced engineers and developers, continually looking to challenge the status quo. If you thrive on a hands-on approach, being a trusted advisor to our customers and want unrivalled opportunities to develop yourself and your team, get in touch!
What are we looking for?
Engineers whose top priority is helping our customers, ensuring that their needs, questions and problems are documented, met and resolved while exceeding their expectations. The candidate will enjoy working within the wider team to solve complex problems with existing and emerging technology and get the right information in the right hands, ensuring the customer is happy and keeping information flowing in the company.
To be successful as an engineer at Techex you will need to be flexible and upbeat with a relentless approach to problem solving. You will develop new ideas and ways of working and contribute to the direction of the organisation.
Applicants may have, or be studying for, a technical degree or have equivalent significant experience in a technical background such as video, broadcast, networking, or computer science and must demonstrate a good understanding of networking technologies. Self-motivation is an essential quality, we value people who are interested and take an interest in their continued professional development. A successful candidate may be meeting or talking with clients and suppliers on a daily basis so must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity for applicants who are passionate about video, audio and network technology, so in addition to a strong academic record or work history, you will need evidence that you have a keen interest in media technologies.
- Work seamlessly with our our customers and partners in the design, deployment and support of progressive broadcast solutions.
- Collaborate with other engineers and developers to provide successful delivery of new technologies and networked video/audio solutions.
- Pro-actively diagnose, update and resolve issues for our customers; delivering technical expertise for incidents, and change requests.
- Share knowledge and experience with engineers and the wider organisation.
- Grow as part of a diverse team of engineers and developers from a range of backgrounds and levels of experience across multiple industries.
- Troubleshoot complex problems at system, device, application, protocol level.
- Provide outstanding 2nd line support for many manufacturers’ products and our own software.
- Act as a trusted escalation point for our customers through providing out-of-hours on-call support as part of a 24/7 service.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a relevant role.
- Valid driving licence and passport.
- An eye for detail.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Feeds off problem solving.
- Passionate about Media technology.
- Self-motivation: ability to manage priorities, and strong initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Advanced Linux server operating system experience.
- Experience Managing and supporting VMware environments, including (ESX hosts, storage systems).
- Familiarity with servers from various manufacturers including DELL, Intel, HP, Super Micro.
- Detailed understanding of BIOS settings and server optimisation.
- Experience deploying and managing systems in at least one of the following: AWS, GCP, Azure.
- High competence in Bash, Python, Go or other scripting.
- Confident and experienced in the use of automation and configuration management tools e.g Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Some experience/exposure or academic knowledge of Video/Audio over IP.
- Experience of using network analysis/packet capture tools such as Wireshark.
- Understanding of real time transport protocols such as RTP, UDP and MPEG-TS.
- Knowledge of compressed audio/video and media transport (DVB, MPEG).
- Hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting L2, L3 switches at the command line interface (CLI) or via automation.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital audio-visual standards.
- Knowledge of current and emerging audio/video and media compression and transport technologies (HEVC, JPEG2000, ST 2022, ST 2110).
- IP Networking experience for broadcast or other real-time data environment.
- Experience with Microsoft server operating systems.
- Ability to use test equipment/software to analyse MPEG streams.
- Experience of multicast network design and troubleshooting.
- CCNP or higher/equivalent non-cisco qualification (Routing & Switching or Data-Centre/SDN.)
- Previous experience of network monitoring systems (NMS).
- Experience in supporting, maintaining and developing complex routing and switching network environments and firewall infrastructure.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining and/or designing professional broadcast systems.
- A fantastic environment to work where every contribution is valued.
- Unrestricted opportunity for advancement at any time based on individual contribution.
- The chance to work with some of the world's major broadcasters.
- Contributory pension scheme, matching pension contributions up to 5%.
- Free parking at our Bracknell office.
- Subsidised canteen facilities on site (COVID dependant!).
- Free, fresh coffee.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Flexible working environment.
- Personalised continual professional development.