WHO ARE WE?
Techex is a UK leader in IP and cloud video solutions, solving complex problems for world-class businesses and broadcasters through its own mission critical software and partnering with emerging technology companies who are challenging the way IP and cloud is used to move and manage video.
Our value is underpinned by trusted partner status and long-term continuous development engagements with our strategic Tier-1+ broadcast and media customers. Our value is created through understanding complex problems and the application of our focused competencies and best-of-breed technology to address them. We design, commission and support live video transport, processing, redundancy and monitoring solutions that work in the real word, accelerating the shift towards cloud and virtualisation.
Since 1971, the Techex has championed disruptive technologies and helped its customers gain a competitive edge. Techex led the drive towards IP and now the evolution towards modern microservice architectures both on-premise and in the cloud.
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual who is passionate about the broadcast and media industry, our leading edge technology and creating long term, deep relationships with clients to support the scale-up of the business.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can identify, target and build deep and broad relationships with new customers at all levels. They should then work with our customers to qualify the right projects within which Techex and its technology partners can shine.
The candidate will be flexible with a can do attitude and the ability to interpret customer requirements, identify appropriate solutions and present solution benefits. They should have a hunger to exceed targets, contribute to overall profitability and to enhance the positive image of Techex in the industry.
- Identify and prioritise new target customers.
- Proactively create contacts and build relationships in these customers.
- Qualify projects.
- Capture complex technical requirements.
- Work with Techex engineers to design solutions.
- Passionately present and demonstrate technology and solutions to customers at all levels with an emphasis on simplicity and transparency.
- Own the full project cycle through to successful delivery and the next project.
- Build, maintain and report on large long term pipelines.
- Deliver the revenue targets against customers, verticals and technology partners.
- Develop and manage deep technology partner relationships.
- Produce and deliver against annual, quarterly and monthly sales forecasts.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Build continuous engagement through video calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through networking and consulting with the technical team.
- Participate in trade shows and industry events.
- Provide a first class, seamless customer experience through orchestrating key skills and support services across the company.
- Experience supporting, influencing and selling to engineers, designers, CTOs, management and procurement teams.
- Proven ability to work hand-in-hand with in-house and 3rd party technical teams, assisting translation of customer needs into technical requirements.
- Self-starter with proven business development track record.
- Strong relationship building skills to achieve trusted advisor status
- Ability to network within a customer organisation to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
- Be able to manage long (18 months+) and short sales cycles through rigorous and transparent pipeline management, communication and forecasting tools.
- Ability to articulate Techex value proposition to customers at all levels.
- Ability to solution sell, empathise with customers’ needs and develop appropriate and customised value proposition.
- Drive and passion to be a key contributor in building and growing our UK business and beyond.
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning and organisation skills.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, technically focused, agile environment.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (Engineering, Computing or Sciences preferred).
- Sales or technical experience in cloud, broadcast media, video, networking or proven technical aptitude to quickly learn new technology.
- A fantastic environment to work where every contribution is valued
- Unrestricted opportunity for advancement at any time based on individual contribution
- The chance to work with some of the world's major broadcasters
- Contributory pension scheme, matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Free parking at our Bracknell office
- Subsidised canteen facilities on site
- Free, fresh coffee and breakfast
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working environment
- Personalised continual professional development