Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform security, protecting platforms and applications for video entertainment, video games, connected transport, connected health and IoT connected industries. Irdeto’s solutions and services enable customers to protect their revenue, create new offerings and fight cybercrime effectively. With more than 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber-services protect more than six billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known and loved brands.
People are Irdeto’s biggest strength and diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and support Irdeto’s success. With a unique heritage in security innovation, Irdeto is building a secure future where people can embrace connectivity without fear.
As DevOps Engineer, you will collaborate with operations and development to deliver and support the entire service and application lifecycle. You will need to engage with your own team members, development, operations, security, and/or IT. Excellent Communication in this role is key. You aim for fast integration and focus on service availability, security, scalability, observability, resilience and automation. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of reusable DevOps tools that will result in fully automated and secured release management pipelines. This includes automated build processes, cloud-agnostic environment creation, testing, deployments, operational support, documentation, dashboards, and production telemetry. Throughout this whole process, it is important to keep the “customer first” mindset to satisfy the needs of all our customers.
Your mission at Irdeto:
- Collaborate and work closely with development, operations, security, and project teams maintaining a continuous feedback loop to deliver optimum solutions.
- Design and write “infrastructure as code” and automation scripts that will deploy cloud hosted environments.
- Constantly adapt, maintain, and support the infrastructure, security, and technologies to provide more stability and improvements to the deployments and reduce cloud costs where applicable.
- Take a pro-active approach to system monitoring and observation for rapid issue identification and resolution.
- Contribute to the development of in-house tools that support the DevOps processes.
- Produce quality and timely documentation.
- Participate in a scheduled 24x7 on-call rotation and resolve operational issues/requests.
- Advise on solution architecture designs that help to optimize availability, security, scalability, resilience, and observability.
- Share knowledge and experience willingly and liberally within the organization.
How you can add value to the team?
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or have 2 years work experience in cloud computing.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and the cloud-based tools that support them we use Jenkins, GitLab CI, Code Deploy, ECS, Kubernetes).
- If you have some experience with Kubernetes already, that's great! Otherwise we'll train you.
- Experience with docker and container management platforms.
- 1 to 2 + years’ experience working in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCE).
- 2+ years’ experience with Linux/Unix Administration.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible or related tools.
- Experience with application performance monitoring, log aggregation and analysis (using at least one tool i.e. Nagios, Splunk, Greylog, Elasticsearch).
- 2+ years’ experience with at least one scripting language (i.e. python, bash, rust, node.js, go).
- About you: you’re a team-player, analytical, customer-centric, self-motivated and driven by quality.
- A strong willingness to learn more and improve.
- Fluent written and verbal English communication skills.
What you can expect from us:
Irdeto is a people first organization where you can secure your future. Our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform our culture. We believe in connecting people and developing careers with a strong focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness among our globally diverse workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- An international & multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
With over 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, and an exciting digital and connected future ahead of us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who will keep us at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on identity or innate characteristics, instead we aim to build a diverse, inclusive culture where your talent counts.