We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join the wireless camera (RF) team at NEP UK. This well-respected department within a leading and global OB brand is expanding, and this position will offer someone the chance to work with an incredibly talented team helping to support and maintain continuous activities, whilst also taking ownership of individual technical projects.
This great engineering position will suit someone with prior experience within the broadcast industry and knowledge of standard wireless video equipment, including but not limited to Vislink and DTC. If you’re good at fault-finding, have a logical thought process, possess a good foundation knowledge, and want to get involved in a growing number of high profile live sport and entertainment outside broadcast events, please get in contact to learn more.
Location: NEP UK, Bracknell HQ with UK and international travel
Position: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Competitive with comprehensive benefits package
- Working with the Senior RF Engineers and Head of RF to specify and prepare RF equipment in base (Bracknell) as required for a variety of live sport and entertainment outside broadcast events.
- Specific project responsibility for a new project involving worldwide travel. More details to be available in due course.
- Work on-site as required, which will involve weekend and evening work, consistent with the broadcast industry. Working ‘away’ on jobs is a significant part of this role.
- First-line fault finding and follow-up, taking responsibility for the maintenance and testing of RF and departmental equipment.
- Test and repair departmental equipment as necessary.
- Ensure jobs are planned correctly and information is shared promptly and appropriately, building strong working relationships and open communication across divisions, including but not limited to Unit Managers, and Vision and Sound Guarantees.
- Liaise with team members to ensure frequencies are coordinated and booked appropriately.
- At least 2 years’ experience (preferably) within the broadcast industry, working with industry standard wireless video equipment (examples Vislink, DTC, or equivalent)
- Developed communication and client facing skills.
- Logical thought process and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Good time management skills and ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Full clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle (required).