The role of Guarantee Broadcast Engineer is a technically rewarding and pivotal role within NEP UK’s Vision & VT team. Working with colleagues in the UK and across the NEP group on a wide range of rewarding projects.
You will work with our fleet of outside broadcast trucks and fly-pack systems, working in both SDI and IP architectures. Our engineers deliver projects across the globe for clients in UHD and HD as well as HDR and SDR. Many of our projects utilise new and emerging technologies to provide turnkey solutions for our clients to meet their editorial and budgetary requirements in multiple genres including sport, entertainment, and reality strands.
Whilst you will be UK based, regular international travel will be required in this role
What you will do:
- Show significant understanding of vision control operations and be able to operate as a Vision Supervisor on all types of OB’s.
- Have an ingrained awareness and knowledge of the wider OB solution, including power requirements, air conditioning and unit hydraulic operation.
- Understand and fault find basic faults with sound and communications systems.
- Guarantee small to mid-sized ad hoc outside broadcasts domestically and internationally.
- Work closely with the audio and communications departments.
- Understand the workflow of our UHD units and be capable of guaranteeing of these units over time.
- Build fly-pack systems, from a client specification, drawing upon the knowledge of a Senior Broadcast Engineer where necessary.
- Assist Senior Broadcast Engineers in the design, planning and deployment of major projects worldwide. First-line fault-finding and repair of a range of broadcast and AV audio and video equipment; minimising loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing temporary workarounds.
D egree/HND level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical or scientific discipline;
Vocational qualification in a media engineering technology field; or
Evidence of suitable in work learning and development, complimented with relevant practical and theoretical training.
- Prior experience working in a role as a Broadcast Systems Engineer is essential
- Comprehensive understanding of Outside Broadcast
- Good networking and IP infrastructure knowledge
- Knowledge of the following equipment would be advantageous
- Kahuna Vision Mixers
- Telex Talkback systems
- Arista & Cisco IP switches
- Axon Cerbrum control systems
- Full clean UK driving license