The role of Guarantee Broadcast Sound Engineer is an exciting and key technical role within NEP UK’s Sound department, working on a range of NEP projects with our fly-pack systems, fleet of UHD and HD outside broadcast trucks, and new future-proofed IP capable trucks, with an aim of progressing to a Senior Broadcast Sound Engineer. You will be tasked to deliver high standard OB solutions to our clients’ specifications.
The new generation of NEP UK trucks all feature hybrid routers, with either baseband or IP video routing. The Audio routing is presented to the routers as MADI but handled as either TDM streams or Audio Live streams, depending on the video format. This allows for scaleable systems, and integration of flypack and truck systems for larger scale events. The trucks are built around a network environment. As a Guarantee Broadcast Sound Engineer, you will use your existing knowledge and experience to utilise Calrec Sound desks, Telex Talkback systems, Dante Networks and devices and Axon Cerebrum control systems. You will also be asked to deliver remote production solutions in a variety of formats and styles.
- Show significant understanding of sound operations and be able to operate as a Sound Guarantee on all types of OB’s.
- Guarantee small to mid-sized adhoc outside broadcasts domestically and internationally.
- Work closely with the Vision, VT and Camera departments to understand common project goals
- Help deliver and refine Remote Production techniques and practices
- Build fly-pack systems, from a client specification, drawing upon the knowledge of a Senior Broadcast Sound Engineer where necessary.
- Assist Senior Broadcast Sound Engineers in the design, planning and deployment of major projects worldwide.
- First-line fault-finding and repair of a range of broadcast audio equipment; minimising loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing temporary workarounds
- Have an ingrained awareness and knowledge of the wider OB solution, including power requirements, air conditioning and unit hydraulic operation.
- Perform simple mixing operations if required.
- Help to manage and maintain current software and firmware versions of relevant equipment
- HND level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical or scientific discipline.
- Previous experience working in outside broadcast facilities.
- A comprehensive understanding of the production practices and engineering workflows adopted in outside broadcast.
- Networking and IP infrastructure knowledge.
- Excellent fault-finding and practical skills
- Full clean UK driving licence.