The Drafting Technician is responsible for the creation of systems, architectural and detail drawings, for the purpose of audio/video systems integration. Assignments are accompanied by rough project notes, sketches, and a bill of materials and work is performed under the guidance of a design engineer.
- Prepare AV signal flow diagrams
- Prepare AV equipment elevations and AV plate diagrams
- Research AV product information as needed for drawing preparation
- Incorporate AV construction-related details into existing architectural drawings, such as electrical requirements and mounting details.
- Keep up to date with latest technology and theories concerning AV systems integration
- Copying, batch plotting and distribution of drawings.
- 3 years plus AutoCAD experience and MS Office Suite.
- Background in electronics and architectural drafting. 3D modelling experience beneficial, but not required.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, electrical drawings, and related material.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction trades.
- Interest in audio and video systems beneficial
- CTS certification preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Star Draw, AutoCAD, and MS Office Suite
- Practical experience in working on AV/Broadcast builds
- Valid Driver’s License