The role of Broadcast Engineer is an exciting and key technical position within NEP Irelands’ Vision team.
You will apply and develop your skills within our fleet of UHD and HD outside broadcast trucks and fly-pack systems and will gain experience with Vision Mixers, Routing systems, HD and UHD Cameras, Talkback systems, Control systems and more.
The Engineer will have the aim of progressing to the role of Guarantee Vision Engineer where you are responsible for the technical delivery of OBs within a defined timescale and will be tasked with delivering high standard OB solutions to our clients’ specifications.
This position may include travel.
- Assist the Riot Games Engineer in Charge in the delivery of broadcasts
- Learn and develop your skills in Vision control operations.
- Apply and develop skills to help in first-line fault-finding and repair of a range of broadcast and AV audio and video equipment
- Take direction from the EIC, Technical Project Manager(s) / Unit Manager(s), Head of Operations and Head of Vision prior to an broadcast to ensure that the correct equipment is booked and ready.
- Strive to learn the operation of the all new technologies as they present themselves over the 12 month term
- Understand and comply with Riot Games processes and policies.
Level 8 (or equivalent) in a relevant technical or scientific discipline with some industrial or outside broadcast engineering experience.
Previous experience working in outside broadcast facilities as a trainee engineer would be beneficial.
Awareness of the building blocks of a basic outside broadcast solution.
Knowledge and experience of IP systems would be an advantage.
Good fault-finding skills (desirable).
Good time management skills and ability to work to very tight deadlines.
Must be willing to travel internationally.
Full clean Irish driving licence.