About the role:
The job holder will be part of the MCR/Edit Support team and will work to deliver optimum technical efficiency to enable the company to deliver a competitive, agile and flexible technical response to meet the developing needs of our clients.
The Senior Edit Support & Media Operator is responsible for leading ongoing technical support to Molinare’s edit, audio and other suites with regards to setup and operation.
What the day job will probably look like:
- Provide deliverable creation, encoding, QC, transcoding and digitising services.
- Provide technical, operational and practical support for clients, editors and other Molinare staff, with strong Avid experience essential.
- Prepare the edit suites, kit and media for the editors and manage media storage and transfer and media output requirements.
- Support the Technical Operations Coordinator with ongoing training and monitoring of the Edit Support team.
- Provide operational and technical fault-finding and front-line maintenance and support to our offline clients and suites.
- Be a point contact for clients and Post Production Managers on issues and ongoing projects.
- Undertake digitising and prep work for our offline suites.
- Support the QC team with a level of QC practical knowledge, room set up and reporting.
- Undertake Avid, Unity and ISIS – and other storage devices - file/workspace management. To control and monitor the movement of media in preparation, during and after editing.
- Perform Avid renders and playouts (for broadcast and non-broadcast purposes).
- Create deliverable materials utilising standard edit, encoding, and transcoding.
- To ensure any materials produced meet the necessary quality for the purpose that they are being created.
- Experience in edit support and data processes in a post-production environment.
- Sound understanding of the principles of TV and film post-production technology and operational broadcast theory.
- Knowledge of modern post-production workflows, equipment and infrastructure.
- Understand the implications of decisions and actions on the workflow.
- Experience in NLE edit systems and NLE or machine room environments.
- Understanding of information exchange formats, such as EDLs, AFEs, XMLs etc.
- In-depth understanding of video and audio codecs, compression techniques, file transcoding and technical.
What will you get from us?
- An opportunity to work with some of the best creative talent and content in the industry, with new technologies on high-end drama, factual / feature film, gaming titles.
- We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all our employees to influence, thrive and achieve their full potential.
- A business with a conscience - we want everyone to have an amazing experience, from our clients to our suppliers and you.
Our Values – What do we believe in
- Teamwork - Our best projects are born when we share our skills and experience with each other.
- Passion - We treat every project with the respect and time that it deserves.
- Expertise - By embracing our creative background, we take the risks that allow us to aim higher.
- Talent – We nurture talent to grown and do something meaningful at Molinare, which raises the bar for all of us.
- Inclusion – We all grow better professions and better people by working with different backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.