About the role:
The Media I/O Team is responsible for the movement of digital and physical assets in and out of Molinare.
The Senior Media I/O Operator will be responsible for liaising with Post Production Managers, Bookings Coordinators and Operational leads, while also being a go-to person for all Media I/O related tasks.
What the day job will probably look like:
- Receiving and handling digital rushes and other high-value data.
- Transferring data using Aspera, Signiant, FTP, LTO, hard drive etc.
- Checksum creation and verification.
- Maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring job folders are set up using company standard templates and escalating technical issues to IT
- Receiving and prepping data to use across the company and advising relevant staff members or clients when the data will be ready to use.
- Using EDLs to pull camera media for finishing post.
- Providing support to staff and clients with regards to data processes and deliveries e.g. queries about how to access FTP sites or advice on drive formatting options.
- Checking physical media in and out of the vault.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of file and data formats.
- Sound understanding of the principles of TV and film post-production technology.
- Strong understanding of file transfer services such as Aspera and Signiant.
- Knowledge of modern post-production workflows.
- Experience in hard drive and LTO file transfer and management.
- Understanding of video and audio codecs, compression techniques, file transcoding and technical specs.
- Background or training in post-production, IT or computer science.
- Media IO experience in high-end content management or post-production environment.
- MacOS/Linux/Windows command line and scripting knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines.
- Shows initiative and is capable of working without supervision.
- Acts as a champion for the team.
What will you get from us?
- An opportunity to work with some of the best creative talent and content in the industry, with new technologies on high-end drama, factual / feature film, gaming titles.
- We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all our employees to influence, thrive and achieve their full potential.
- A business with a conscience - we want everyone to have an amazing experience, from our clients to our suppliers and you.
Our Values – What do we believe in
- Teamwork - Our best projects are born when we share our skills and experience with each other.
- Passion - We treat every project with the respect and time that it deserves.
- Expertise - By embracing our creative background, we take the risks that allow us to aim higher.
- Talent – We nurture talent to grow and do something meaningful at Molinare, which raises the bar for all of us.
- Inclusion – We all grow better professions and better people by working with different backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.