Joi Productions is a Film and TV company focused on Queer, Black and Female led work. At Joi Productions we believe in nurturing talent and inclusivity, operating a transparent and safe space for individuals to work in and with us. Our approach is very much talent-tailored in how we operate.
The role is an incredible opportunity to steer the development slate of an exciting and inclusive new Film & TV company. Ideally, the candidate will have a very good knowledge and understanding of the Film and TV industry, with good connections, and a broad understanding of the industry. Must have at least 12 months of experience working in a similar capacity in the industry. Attention to detail, excellent communication, people skills and openness to working with new talent is essential.
Nature of Role (not an exhaustive list)
- Provide editorial input to the development process
- Overseeing the Development Assistant’s duties / responsibilities
- Maintaining a log / update of all submitted and current material
- Maintaining a database of talent
- Recommending new ideas and talent
- Managing the company’s film and tv slate
- Liaising with literary agents
- Assisting with creating and editing pitch documents
- A demonstrable interest in film and television and an awareness of material currently in development and potential gaps.
- Some experience of script editing: providing notes and editorially supporting the team with projects in development or production
- Ability to work unsupervised, exercising initiative and assessing priorities but referring issues upwards where appropriate
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Knowledge of agents and their clients
- Experience of handling confidential and/or controversial information with tact and sensitivity
- An enthusiasm and interest in popular entertainment. A passion for television, film, theatre and comedy
Other Stuff to Know
Year one of working will be remote and hours will likely be 9am – 5pm. We will also pay for you to see theatre in the evenings as part of your work and general growth.