About the Role
As our Scheduling Team Manager, you will be working in our Greenford base for our Outside Broadcasting and Broadcast Centre preparations and maintenance.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of Equipment Schedulers providing direction, instruction, and guidance. You will ensure each scheduler is performing in line with their individual targets. You will support the team through regular coaching and positive performance management is key in ensuring our schedulers are happy and achieving great results as well as delivering exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
You will also be providing technical advice and guidance to the Engineering Teams and Unit Managers.
- You will be managing a team of Equipment Schedulers (currently 3 team members – possible room for growth)
- Responsible for the overall performance of the team, ensuring enquiries are actioned in the designated time scales and SLAs
- Establish processes and systems that help with team collaboration and smooth running of department
- Conduct regular coaching and feedback sessions with all schedulers
- Prepare and analyse weekly & monthly reports and identify where the team can improve and bring new ideas and innovation to the Head of Operations – Outside Broadcasts with key action points
- To oversee and maintain the asset tracking system to ensure all Timeline’s equipment is tracked accurately
- To monitor the equipment utilisation and highlight to the Head of Operations – Outside Broadcasts potential investment opportunities
- To be the first point of contact for the engineering teams prepping equipment for productions use
- To liaise with both the Stores and Scheduling teams to ensure all equipment required is scheduled and available for productions in advance
- To liaise with the maintenance engineer to ensure all equipment in repair is processed as efficiently as possible and where required backfilled
- To manage the effective returning and receiving of external hired equipment
- Where necessary liaise with engineering and technical managers to find alternative engineering solutions where equipment isn’t available
- To manage and maintain the equipment’s scheduled maintenance to make sure Timeline’s equipment is in the best condition
- To provide continuous training to the teams on the asset tracking and scheduling systems to ensure an efficient operation
- To procure and manage stock levels of consumable stores items
- Take responsibility for promoting a positive working environment and a culture of diversity and inclusion within the team
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Previous experience within a similar role of managing a scheduling team is essential
- Good knowledge and experience of a scheduling and asset tracking system(s)
- In depth knowledge of broadcasting equipment
- High standard of IT skills
- A good understanding of scheduled maintenance requirements e.g. PAT
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Willing to work flexibly and adapt to the demands of a high paced working environment
You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.