VSI is a leading localisation company offering foreign-language versioning services, such as voice-over, dubbing, subtitling and translation. We have dedicated facilities in the world’s major media hubs and provide services to some of the largest global brands.
The Media Services division is a key department within VSI, working closely with the technical services (VT) and quality control functions (QCS), and dedicated to getting the right assets in and the right format out to suppliers and customers, on time and under strict quality control.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, technically minded, detail-oriented individual to join as Media Services Shipping Team Lead. This role would suit someone with demonstrable experience in data trafficking and people management, so if you have an eye for detail, experience of localisation workflows, a hunger to learn new skills, and you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, please send us your CV. We would love to hear what you can bring to the team.
The Media Services Shipping Team Lead will report to the Media Services Manager and will be responsible for transferring digital assets between internal VSI stakeholders and external parties, including suppliers and clients. This position is key to ensuring that the movement of media takes place within strict security parameters during its life cycle. They will also be the main point of contact for the Shipping team on their day-to-day operations and will take a lead in training and overseeing the more junior members of the team.
VSI has strict protocols for file transfer and storage, and the Shipping team is at the forefront of these directives. They ensure compliance with TPN and other security policies and protect the highly valuable intellectual property of our clients.
This role is crucial to VSI’s ability to meet our agreed-upon service level agreements and deadlines, as well as to serve our clients to the highest standards. Safety, speed and accuracy must all be balanced when controlling the movement of data across our digital ecosystem.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Shipping team, troubleshoot problems and escalate to appropriate parties as needed to ensure department targets and goals are met or exceeded
- Take ownership and mentor the performance management of the Shipping team and make sure the team is provided with the adequate training that will enable them to fulfil their roles, responsibilities and objectives
- Monitor team utilisation closely, identify gaps in resources and propose solutions to ensure the department continues to support business needs
- Ensure department tasks are completed to the highest of standards and should anything require remediation, proceed with diligence and speed
- Monitor the various tools we have at our disposal and work closely with IT and Dev teams to test and improve our infrastructure
- Forge positive and trustworthy relationships with the Shipping team and VSI staff at large
- Support with the recruitment and effective on-boarding of new team members
- Be the first and main departmental POC for stakeholders that wish to contact the Media Services team about Shipping matters
- Cover for the Media Services Manager in their absence and provide detailed data analysis as requested in order to compile weekly/monthly departmental reports
- Download/upload content to and from clients, suppliers and VSI staff and assess the integrity of files from source to final deliverable
- Manage delivery schedules and trackers across multiple systems and accounts performing the necessary tech checking and asset validation as required to adhere to client specs
- Keep internal documents and databases updated and ensure security guidelines are always followed so the content is protected throughout the assets’ life cycle
- Communicate clearly and expediently with multiple internal stakeholders and escalate technical and operational issues via the right channels without delay
- Follow departmental workflows accurately and suggest improvements as needed, while safeguarding data and abiding by all safety protocols and best practices
- Support other VSI teams, work on ad-hoc projects when required, and maintain exceptional levels of service on all fronts, always seeking to offer solutions when problems arise
- Operate various asset and workflow management tools, as well as bespoke software to complete tasks on time, diligently and with diligent precision
- Communicate queries or missing materials when required, archive assets as per company or client rules, and take ownership of system housekeeping
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a leadership position in data management or similar environment
- Demonstrable and confident ability in managing and mentoring small teams
- Working knowledge of various data transfer platforms and cloud storage solutions
- Knowledge of current digital delivery methods, workflows and industry best practices
- Strong work ethic and ability to organise and prioritise fluctuating workloads
- Background in subtitle creation and translation, and knowledge of formats and codecs
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as relationship-building skills
- Excellent numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Orientation towards results, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Approachable team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and who is driven to learn new skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and make suggestions on how we can continue to improve our service to clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- An understanding and interest in languages (the ability to speak another language would be useful, but is not essential)