Role: Materials Executive
Reports to: Senior Materials Manager, Materials UK, Endeavor Content
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)
Location: Chiswick Park, UK with some travel to IMG Studios in Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today’s changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
EC’s International television sales studio is currently representing an unrivalled slate of premium talent-driven scripted series including KILLING EVE starring Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer, THE NIGHT MANAGER starring Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston, CITY ON A HILL starring Kevin Bacon, 9 PERFECT STRANGERS starring Nicole Kidman. Next year’s slate to include: LOVE BETH, starring Amy Schumer, TOKYO VICE starring Ansel Elgort and The UNTITLED HEDY LAMARR SERIES starring Gal Gadot amongst many others.
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
- Coordinate with producers regarding delivery dates, scheduling quality checks, resolving technical issues, and collating, organizing paper deliverables and stills for all incoming content for International TV Sales
- Liase with technical staff and production companies regarding delivery materials and the applicable technical standards for television/new media broadcast that IMG require
- Working with producers to ensure delivery of all required ancillary programme deliverables, such as international delivery paperwork, marketing materials and stills are available in a timely fashion to meet broadcaster requirements
- Working with IMG Studios to schedule incoming programme masters and relevant quality checks, following up with producers and technical staff to resolve any technical issues
- Liaise with sales team and customers to enable delivery of programming via digital formats, satellite and live streaming. Additionally, if required, arrange out of house technical work such as dubbing, subtitling and file creation to broadcaster requirements that are unable to be created internally
- Review and report on technology specs, arrange technical work (e.g. edits and out of house dubbing), assist in preparation of materials and showreels for sales conferences, create screengrabs of programming and update the EC Programming website with new programs, encoding them to a suitable format.
- Working with the global marketing team and assisting when requested in preparation of any video or paper files needed
- Working with colleagues and management in LA and 20 other countries around the world
- Communicate with cross-functional teams regarding updates on media delivery timelines and specs
- Relevant degree in Production/Film-TV/or Administration (or equivalent)
- Extensive hands-on experience of the production of drama and factual series for television
- Previous experience working in a production/materials/trafficking role preferably at a distribution company
- Knowledge of broadcast digital technological formats as well as satellite and knowledge of legacy tape delivery workflow
- In-depth knowledge of the process of television production and postproduction, experience of using sales systems and an interest in television, production and programming would be advantageous
- Must have a love of film and television and appreciation for production and talent
- A good communicator and team player who collaborates well at all levels both internally and externally
- Non-linear editing skills, experience of Final Cut Pro X, extensive Mac and PC skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to speak other languages an asset (i.e. Spanish, Italian, French, Russian and Mandarin)
- This is a permanentposition.
- This role will be based in Chiswick Park.
- Working hours are 9:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday
- Occasional travel and weekend work may be required
Equal Opportunities Statement
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Endeavor Content is a global leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater and audio content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in an ever-evolving media landscape. Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.