Job ID 808340BRLocation London, England, United KingdomBusiness Disney Media & Entertainment DistributionDate posted Sep. 24, 2021
Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company’s Direct to Consumer video entertainment service. The service consists of long form and short form video built around five key content brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic), with the addition since February 2021 of Star, including an adult-friendly library and original TV shows and movies.
The Disney+ team is responsible for the day to day operation of Disney+ across EMEA, specifically focused on marketing, customer acquisition and retention, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
We are looking for a Director of Analytics to lead the team overseeing data analytics across Content, Subscriber Growth and Market Portfolio analytics. A member of the DTC leadership team regionally, he or she will ensure the delivery of impactful insights from our platform data across the region, as well as being a key partner for Content Programming, Subscriber Growth functions and all Disney+ local market teams across the region.
The role requires exceptional analytical skills, stakeholder management and team leadership skills. The individual must be able to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from global and regional executives, colleagues in the global Analytics and EMEA DTC regional teams, as well as individuals in the DTC organization globally.
- Champion the delivery of actionable insights delivering material improvement in business KPIs, from initial project scope to post-delivery implementation, ensuring collaboration and input from other teams within Analytics & Insights (Research, Business Insights) and from business stakeholders
- Build upon existing roadmap and prioritisation processes, creating consistent approach to prioritisation across all Analytics verticals and with business stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with numerous global Analytics teams (content / subscriber engagement / marketing / product / subscription analytics / data science), and identify opportunities for EMEA analytics work to be deployed globally, or to drive global projects
- Be accountable for technical robustness, consistency and accuracy of analyses across regional and local analytics
- Be EMEA point of contact for data sharing guidelines, and optimise report and insights distribution accordingly, ensuring effective sharing of information within guidelines
- Support data integration efforts for new market launches, as relevant
- Identify mobility and exposure opportunities for members of the Analytics team, whether on special projects, learning new skills or career mobility
- Experience managing large Analytics teams (10+ people), ideally in the Direct-to-Consumer space
- Demonstrable international / pan European project experience
- Experience of working and interacting with Senior Executives in Europe and globally
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.