Job ID 808908BRLocation London, England, United KingdomBusiness Disney Media & Entertainment DistributionDate posted Aug. 10, 2021
Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company’s new Direct to Consumer video entertainment service. The service consists of long form and short form video built around five key content brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic) with an appealing and easy to use interface accessed across multiple platforms (e.g. televisions, mobile devices, PCs).
The Disney+ team is responsible for the day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on marketing, customer acquisition and retention, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
We are looking for a senior data analyst to join our Disney+ Insights & Analytics team. Working within the Subscriber Growth Analytics team, this role will be vital in supporting the tracking of commercial performance, setting trading teams and other analysts up for success through helping to define our key KPIs and building out reporting capabilities.
The role will leverage top class analytical skills spanning from data modelling and visualization to insights generation, excellent communication skills, and the ability to understand and support business needs. Key to the success of this role will be the ability to provide relevant insights with a key eye for detail, generated from Disney+ data as well as leveraging the full breadth of customer research, market and business intelligence available within the business. Close collaboration with other analysts as well as business stakeholders will also be key.
- Identify and prioritise reporting needs, developing a roadmap for the generation of self-serve capability
- Create a best in class suite of reporting tools which provide Disney+ with all they need to know about the subscriber base and the ways in which they should look at subscribers, delivered in a visually appealing way
- Shed light on customer behaviours, e.g. tracking drivers of churn, continually identifying opportunities to deliver scalable solutions where relevant
- Be the “go-to” person for data definitions and how we measure our KPIs in the most robust and efficient way
- Support training of teams to adopt self-serve and interpret data insights
- Develop relationships across the Analytics and business teams at regional and local level, in particular the Content and Subscriber Growth team, including Performance Marketing and Customer Management, as well as with the global DMED Analytics team to align on key priorities and targets
- Deliver insight that is both timely and accurate. Although the initial focus of this role is around reporting, there will be many opportunities to be involved across the whole analytical insight spectrum
- Experience in using SQL to query large datasets; Python/R and other statistical programming language experience preferred
- Background in data visualization and dashboard development
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field including Marketing, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Social Science graduate degree preferred
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., propensity modelling, hypothesis testing, regression analysis) preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.