To build and sustain excellent client relationships, leading and supporting diverse clientele through wide ranging projects with responsibility for the full event management cycle - from conception to planning and development to delivery and review.
Roles, Responsibilities and Principle Duties
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a pivotal position within the company, you are responsible for managing all aspects of a project. From working on initial client briefs, generating and pitching for jobs, through to detailed planning and delivery on site. The role will require worldwide travel and management with key responsibilities being shared over a team you will manage to deliver UK and overseas events.
- Organising events, conferences, road shows, product launches and gala dinners including full end to end planning and communication
- Implementation and execution of appropriate delegate logistics solutions
- Complete control of all delegate/staff and client travel arrangements
- Interpret client briefing requirements accurately, influence where appropriate, produce full production proposals which you will be expected to co-ordinated within DRPG
- Accurately and pro-actively record, develop and share clients’ requirements through excellent listening skills and excellent channels of communication
- Effectively lead, direct and develop team members assigned to a project delivering to DRPG standards whilst exceeding clients’ expectations
- Managing clients’ and colleagues’ expectations acting as a single point of contact, through pro-active management and effective project planning with realistic deadlines
- Take ownership and actively manage assigned budgets whilst effectively influencing and negotiating with internal and external parties to ensure targeted profits are achieved and ideally exceeded
- Building relationships with third party providers, working in partnership with DRPG finance to ensure best value and delivery against prescribed service level agreements
- To pro-actively alert DRPG regarding any irregularities, lack of adherence, and or problems which could result in detrimental implications within the project
- Participate in regular meetings with the senior team and work to improve the junior team with mentoring and knowledge sharing.
This list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Key performance Indicators
- Ability to deliver a project (including international) on time, to the agreed objectives and exceed client expectations
- Feedback from delegates and key stakeholders, in particular logistics and communication processes
- Deliver the project within budget
- Develop client contacts and increase revenue
- Record key reconciliation of accounts/spends and travel arrangements
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Agency experience/background is preferred
- Proven experience running logistically challenging events
- Implementing and maintaining delegate logistics plans
- A proven track record of event reconciliation
- Good experience of working with hotels & venues
- Experience in UK end to end managing events for over 500 people is essential
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven experience of leading, directing or coordinating teams through event management is essential
- Excellent rapport building, active listening and communication skills are essential supported by proven relationships internally and externally
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills with a passion for customer service, delivery and attention to detail – must leave no stone unturned!
- Proven experience of financial and budget management.
- Experience of producing client proposals
- Experience in managing multiple clients and events simultaneously are essential
- Experience of working in fast moving and client focused businesses coupled with a flexible, methodical and logical approach to work
- An understanding of, ideally supported by experience of production elements, including technical, design, print, video, multi-media and presentation would be advantageous
- Experience in delegate management including online registration is preferable
- All financial, commercial, administrative and customer focused competencies commensurate with responsibility for project management
- In undertaking duties demonstration of the DRPG core values: Understanding, Trust, Passion, Belief, Effectiveness
COMMUNICATION AND GENERAL ATTRIBUTES
- To provide the highest level of communication to internal and external clients, both verbally and written
- Ensure expectations and deadlines for both client and DRPG are communicated and achieved
- Clearly communicate specific actions and requirements to internal and external clients, including the production / preparation and supply of relevant supporting information and documentation
- To keep accurate and precise records of communication, including meeting minutes with actions, e-mail communication and other suitable information specific to clients and /or projects
- To provide a flexible and adaptable approach to all projects, molding to and influencing client ways of working
- Logical and methodical approach to work, with a high level of attention to detail ensuring nothing is left to chance
- Work efficiently and effectively under pressure, ability to use own initiative and make calculated decisions regarding specific projects
- Effectively lead a team, as well as working as part of a team, providing support where necessary
- Where applicable you will work alongside a Project Director on all creative aspects of the job ensuring cohesion and consistency for each project
- To plan all aspects of production liaising directly with assigned individuals from each department. Ensuring time is scheduled in to production calendars, and is adhered to
- To produce detailed Project Plans assigning actions and deadlines both for internal and client use
- Obtain / produce / supply relevant departments with detailed briefs, content and all relevant information in advance of work being undertaken
- To co-ordinate all internal and external Project Meetings, setting agendas, ensure constructive outcomes, documenting and following up on necessary actions
- Constantly monitor the progress of the project ensuring it does not fall behind, negotiate where necessary, ensuring all involved are kept abreast of any changes, influences that may impact on the overall delivery
- Control, negotiate with and efficiently communicate expectations and requirements with all 3rd party suppliers (including Venues) ensuring best value, service quality, items are fit for purpose and event specific information is relayed such as logistics, arrangements
- Oversee all production elements ensuring they are on-time and meet agreed service standards and fit the brief. Ensure correct internal approval processes are adhered to prior to consultation with client / external party
- To actively identify problem areas and / or challenge any concerns that may result in having a negative impact on the end result
- To produce and oversee all supporting documentation such as Final Event information / Scripts etc. are accurate, up to date and distributed accordingly
- Plan and ensure all Logistics for DRPG crew (including 3rd party crew where applicable) are in place and well communicated
- Oversee and manage all delegate logistics including pre-communications, registration, communications, arrival, hotel check-in, registration etc.
- To provide the onsite support, undertaking any activity that is required as part of the project, and ensuring overall management of all other areas providing direct supervision where required
- Ensure levels of health and safety on site, liaising with the allocated production manager to ensure the safety of all crew whilst undertaking activities on site
- Instigate and manage the post event production, including structure de-briefs both internally and externally
- Undertake any other duties that are required as part of any project, business activity or as requested by department leader
- Responsible for all aspects of individual project budgets, constant updating and control ensuring gross profits are achieved. Negotiate with internal and external parties to ensure Best Value and projects are delivered within budget and where possible exceeded
- Raising purchase orders for all department / project and ensuring accurate records and financial procedures and practices are adhered to
- Obtain documented sign off from client on all aspects of budgets, from initial acceptance through to confirmation for all additional spend thereafter
- Produce all final invoices and obtain sign off / acceptance from the client. Ensure any commissions due are invoice and obtained accordingly
- Full reconciliation reporting
- To undertake necessary travelling and time away from the office, for meetings, events and any other requirements. Reasonable expenses for travel and subsistence provided
- Your role involves a considerable amount of out of hours working, and is not fixed to a 9-5 pattern. you must be flexible with working patterns, hours and locations
- A full clean drivers license is essential as part of this role, it is your responsibility to ensure your insurance provides ‘Business use’ in order to claim mileage
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG’s Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
Health & Safety
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Employee Manual.
The role will be based primarily in our Worcestershire head office. There will be times when this role will require you to work from the company’s other offices. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
Established in 1980, we're one of Europe's most experienced and largest fully integrated, award winning communications agencies. From the strategic communication consultancy to our complete in-house production facilities for digital media, video, events & print, we deliver to companies of all sizes that span a wide range of markets.The DRP Group is an equal opportunities employer.